1 cup Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
8 large eggs
2 tablespoons low-fat milk
4 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups baby spinach, packed
4 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
½ teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Cook the diced potatoes in simmering water until tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broiler setting and set rack about 5 inches below the heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Heat oil in a medium (12-inch) nonstick, oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add potatoes and cook until golden, about 3-4 minutes. Add spinach and sauté until just wilted.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add egg mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until egg is somewhat cooked, but still runny.
- Top with the cheese and the sliced tomatoes. Transfer skillet to the oven and broil for 2-4 minutes, until top is set and slightly browned.
- Let stand for 5 minutes and sprinkle with basil. Season with salt and pepper.
(For ¼ of recipe) 310 calories; 12 g carbohydrate; 19 g protein; 21 g fat (8 g sat); 1.5 g fiber; 540 mg sodium. Exchanges: 3 medium-fat meats; 1 vegetable; 1 fat; ½ starch.
Side suggestions: Mixed greens. Top 4 c of bagged mixed greens with 2 sliced plum tomatoes and a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette. Toasted bread.