½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
½ avocado, mashed into a paste with a fork
¼ + ¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 white onion, cut into ½-inch strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch strips
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into ¾-inch chunks
4 teaspoons canola oil
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
Juice of 1 lime
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- In a medium bowl, mix together sour cream, avocado paste, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, onion powder, and ¼ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add onion, bell pepper, and chicken. Toss well to coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and vegetable mixture, and sauté about 7-9 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Drizzle with lime juice.
- Meanwhile in a small skillet coated with cooking spray, heat tortillas about 30 seconds on each side, recoating pan with spray between tortillas.
- Arrange chicken mixture on tortillas and top with avocado cream sauce.
(For ¼ of recipe) 380 calories; 30 g carbohydrate; 32 g protein; 15 g fat (4 g sat); 4.5 g fiber; 465 mg sodium. Exchanges: 3 very lean meats; 2.5 fats; 2 starches; 0.5 vegetable.
Side suggestions Fresh Salsa.